Production Manager – Manufacturing & Joinery
Location : Thomastown, VIC
Joinery Manufacturing, Exhibitions, Events & Fit Outs
We are looking for a skilled Production Manager (key criteria being manufacturing & joinery). This is a key leadership role that will take responsibility for managing the Thomastown production facility to maximise productivity and profitability through optimum use of machinery and people resources and ensure effective operation and maintenance of the production department. This role will report directly to the Operations Manager (based in Sydney).
As a Production Manager you will be responsible for developing and managing processes and systems, mentoring and leading team members, whilst ensuring a high standard of safety,
- Managing production deadlines within the Victorian business and scheduling work within the production team and prioritising effectively
- Managing disruptions, delays and extensions of time
- Managing production to ensure that all projects are manufactured to a high-quality standard and within budget
- Ensuring the production processes are controlled within specific timeframes and corrective action is taken when process deviations occur
- Materials breakdown and purchasing non-stock materials for projects
- Review and maintain stock levels of stocked materials, purchasing as required
- Ensuring the production team has the competencies required to effectively operate the machinery and do the work required by assessing training needs and developing individual training and assessment plans
- Ensure continuous improvement principles are promoted as part of a structured approach to improve operational performance
You would be well suited to this role if you:
- A proven track record in construction project management or supervision, preferably with 3 years or more of relevant experience
- Show proven experience in Production Management within a manufacturing or construction environment
- Strong knowledge of construction techniques, codes, regulations, and safety practices.
- Implement and maintain rigorous quality control measures to guarantee that construction processes align with specifications.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and your team
- Stock management experience (ie cost control, maintenance, spend and consumables)
- Strong safety, quality and risk management focus
- Hardworking and are motivated by a willingness to go above and beyond to exceed expectations for internal and external customers within the Construction and Events Industries.
If you believe this is the opportunity for you and you would be the right fit, please send through your cover letter & resume to Paul Hardy
email@example.com or APPLY via the form below.