Junior Industrial Designer
Exhibition Designers wanted
Industrial Design (Design and Architecture)
Full-time – Immediate Start
DisplayWise design and produce custom display solutions for our growing list of corporate and agency clients throughout Australia. Are you Creative? Do you have an eye for detail? Do you like problem solving?
We are looking for graduate/junior Exhibition Designers with Tertiary Education in Industrial Design or similar. We are looking for designers who are detail oriented and can work in a fast paced creative design environment.
These positions require thoughtful design that can be maintained from concept through to production. You will be required to model in 3D and to document in detail project specifics, build methods and finishes. The ideal candidates will have experience in the exhibition and retail fitout industry.
Experience in 3D modelling and documentation in Solidworks is essential.
Knowledge of 3DS Max, Sketchup, and Creative Suite would be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce highly detailed build ready 3D models of exhibition and display elements
- Produce design drawings for production and manufacturing
- Interpret briefs from clients
- Produce design presentations with renders and elevations of concepts
- Attend internal project meetings
- Working with other departments to problem solve and come up with the best solutions for our clients
- Research and Development into new materials and construction methods
- Work on design projects under the direction of the Design Manager
Competencies & experiences required:
- Knowledge of Solidworks and related 3D CAD softwares
- Knowledge of rendering and visualisation softwares (3DSMAX, Sketchup, V-ray)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, DXF creation, nesting and CNC programming
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Good communication and decision making skills
- Not afraid to ask questions about the project or suggest better ways of doing things
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative
- Able to work in a team and office environment with tight project deadlines and budgets
A competitive salary package will be offered depending upon experience.
To be eligible for this position you must have Australian citizenship or Permanent residency.
A competitive salary package will be offered depending on experience.
If you believe this is the opportunity for you, please send through your cover letter & resume to email@example.com or APPLY via below.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.